Why Join MMBA
The MMBA offers a variety of services and benefits to its members. By participating in the association, members can enhance their business opportunities and gain a competitive edge by staying exposed to the most current information and issues. Being involved in the MMBA activities is the key to getting the most from membership.
We are very proud of the Mid-Minnesota Builders Association (MMBA) advantages it affords our members. Membership in the MMBA is a powerful tool which, when used correctly, can have a positive influence on your business and personal growth once you become involved and learn how to cultivate the many opportunities available to you. We facilitate business-to-business networking and provide a variety of benefits, such as special members-only events and programs throughout the year, and opportunities for continuing education for our members and their employees.
Additionally, the MMBA serves as a resource to the public, providing information and referrals to help citizens enjoy their construction experience. Our Association provides valuable tools and resources to anyone considering a construction project.
Three Memberships in One!
Upon becoming a member of the MMBA, you also hold membership with the Builders Association of Minnesota (BAM) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). BAM works in St. Paul to support legislation across the state that is favorable to the building industry; in addition, BAM works with Minnesota's State and National representatives. Some of BAM's accomplishments during the 2013 Minnesota Legislative Session are as follows:
- BAM successfully repealed the 2% contractor withholding rule and won a repeal of the independent contractor exemption certificate rule.
- BAM successfully put a stop to money that has been pulled out of the construction codes fund on a yearly basis for use by the legislature.
- BAM passed legislation through the House and Senate prohibiting a mandate of fire sprinklers in all new single family residential construction again in 2013. It passed by a 47 to 17 vote with bipartisan support. The bill will now be heading to conference committee where the Senate and House will work to finalize the bill to go to the Governor's desk.
On the National level, NAHB's staff of technical experts examines and monitors the marketplace for members. They study economic, demographic, technological, legislative and regulatory issues, as well as consumer trends that will have an impact on the building industry and your business. Some of NAHB's accomplishments during 2013 are as follows:
- Protect the mortgage interest deduction & resolve foreclosure and appraisal problems. Maintain federal support for housing finance system, preserve affordable down payments and mortgage.
- Fight onerous regulations that hurt home builders, remodelers and consumers, ensure an adequate supply of credit for new home production & recognize housing's important role to the economy. Defend the low income housing tax credit. Enact comprehensive immigration reform
- Use all legal means necessary to protect property rights
NAHB has established and continues to provide a strong voice for members and the building industry, concerning legislative issues. NAHB's professional staff has the answers, whether members are dealing with day-to-day problems or complex issues that could have a major impact on their businesses. The State and National Associations also offers several additional benefits such as education and leadership opportunities.
The Mid-Minnesota Builders Association is part of a network of knowledgeable organizations that work to improve your business and the industry as a whole. Its fundamental purpose is to foster a healthy business environment for the home building industry and to engage in activities that strengthen competitiveness, professionalism and the public's confidence in the industry.
The MMBA represents 250 members involved in supporting all phases of the home building industry.
Given all the benefits available to you, the MMBA, BAM and NAHB would like you to ask yourself one question: Can your business afford not to become a member of our association?
Member Only Benefits from Both BAM & NAHB:
New within the last few years: BAM has provided high-quality contract templates which are drafted by attorneys that specialize in residential construction and updated when the laws change.
FOR SMALL BUSINESS WHO ARE LOOKING TO HIRE ATTORNEYS THIS WILL SAVE THEM $10,000
- Subcontractor Agreement
- Subcontractor Pre-Lien Notice
- Master Subcontractor Agreement
- Remodeling Contract (Updated this year)
- Standard Construction Contract with Land Purchase and without Land Purchase (Updated this year)
- Change order template
YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THESE. These are accessible for members once they sign into the BAM Website - link to BAM from MMBA Website.
Members Only Rebate Program: Available to Builders and Remodelers, aimed at increasing your bottom line. For the minimal effort of informing us about the home construction products you use and when you close on a home or project, you'll be putting money back in your pocket. No matter how large or small, you qualify for the program. When you participate in the program, you can count on receiving checks every quarter! Some participants are Reddi form, Honeywell, Blanco and Royal Building Products. A Full list of Manufactures are provided in the following link http://www.hbarebates.com/manufacturers.html
NAHB: has a variety of discounts from Manufactures like General Motors, & Dell. There are endless Vacation Rentals as well as savings on Car Rentals. These are through their Membership Advantage Program. There is a complete list of these savings at the following link:
Our role at MMBA is to make your business succeed by bringing you to the next level, we do that by providing the resources. So if you are a licensed Builder or an Associate who is interested in joining us just give us a call 218-829-4982 .
We focus our energy on the MMBA membership recruitment and member retention to strengthen the Association; it's a great way to get to know other industry professionals. Your involvement can make a difference-for the Association and for your business.
Colleen M. Faacks